IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
May 21, 2020 UPDATE:
Salina Family Healthcare Center (SFHC) takes the health and safety of our community seriously. In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, SFHC has taken the following steps:
- Limiting in-person medical, dental, and behavioral health appointments to those patients deemed low risk for complications if exposed to COVID-19.
- Expanding our telephone and telemedicine services to allow for care to be done without a face-to-face visit. Talk to our staff about setting up a visit with a medical or behavioral health provider via the phone or on our new telemedicine platform! All you need is a smartphone or a webcam-enabled computer.
- Screening all employees and patients entering our building for symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Creating an isolated care area with a separate entrance for those patients with symptoms consistent with COVID-19. This helps us take good care of ALL of our patients, those with possible COVID-19 and those without it.
- Continuing to treat dental emergencies. If you feel like you have infection, swelling, or any other dental emergency, please call the dental clinic or a medical provider as soon as possible.
- Performing routine/restorative care for established dental clinic patients on a case by case basis based on dentist recommendations.
- Offering cleaning appointments to established dental clinic patients age 0-12.
FOR ALL PATIENTS:
- Please see our Home page for our new hours.
- Most importantly, the entire clinic, including Pharmacy, is closed on Saturday until further notice.
- SFHC can test symptomatic patients for COVID-19. Symptoms warranting COVID-19 testing have increased and currently include new or unexplained fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, chills, diarrhea, or loss of sense of taste or smell.
- Employer instructions to get a COVID-19 test at your doctor’s office without another listed reason for testing is not a sufficient reason to get a test.
- If you feel like you have COVID-19 and might need testing, please call SFHC to discuss your symptoms and other factors that might warrant a test.
- o We currently offer ANTIBODY testing on a VERY LIMITED basis. There is not sufficient accuracy in current ANTIBODY testing to make it worth doing for most patients at this time. We will continue to monitor the accuracy of these tests and may change our test offerings in the future.
- Stay home whenever possible.
- Keep 6 feet of distance between yourself and others when you do need to go out.
- Regularly wash your hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Completely cover your cough with the inside of your elbow.
- Stay home and away from others as much as possible.
- Here is what COVID-19 may look like: fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, chills, diarrhea, or loss of sense of taste or smell
- If you feel you have COVID-19 symptoms but are not seriously ill, isolate yourself from others for 7 days after symptoms start or 3 days after symptoms end, whichever is longer. Also consider getting a test through your primary care provider. If you are seriously ill, go to the ER.
- Take acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- Stay hydrated.
- If you are concerned about your symptoms or that you have underlying risk for serious illness, please call us (785-825-7251). We want to help you.
The COVID-19 public health emergency has forced us to maintain new hours for the near future.
Testing for COVID-19:
We know there are many of our patients who have questions about testing for COVID-19. Here is where SFHC is with testing:
Our advice to you:
It can be a little overwhelming to know what you can do to help avoid COVID-19.
Here is our advice if you are ill:
Section 3202(b) of the CARES Act requires all providers that order or provide COVID-19 testing to publically post their charge to the provider’s public internet website. Salina Family Healthcare Center’s charge for the clinically-indicated COVID test (87635, U0002) is $150. Visit type and cost will vary based on complexity of patient and symptoms.
- Visit cost for new patients: (99201)$100.00, (99202)$143.00, (99203)$206.00, (99204)$316.00, (99205)$398.00
- Visit cost for established patients: (99211)$50.00, (99212)$100.00, (99213)$122.00, (99214)$181.00, (99215)$279.00