IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
March 26, 2020 UPDATE:
Salina Family Healthcare Center (SFHC) takes the health and safety of our community seriously. In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, SFHC has taken the following steps:
- Limiting in-person medical, dental, and behavioral health appointments to those deemed essential to have a face-to-face interaction to advance the health and wellbeing of the patient.
- Expanding our telephone and telemedicine services to allow for care to be done without a face-to-face visit. Talk to our staff about setting up a visit with a medical or behavioral health provider via the phone or on our new telemedicine platform! All you need is a smartphone or a webcam-enabled computer.
- Screening all employees and patients entering our building for symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Creating an isolated care area with a separate entrance for those patients with symptoms consistent with COVID-19. This helps us take good care of ALL of our patients, those with possible COVID-19 and those without it.
The COVID-19 public health emergency has forced us to maintain new hours for the near future.
- Please see our Home page for our new hours.
- Most importantly, the entire clinic, including Pharmacy, is closed on Saturday until further notice.
Testing for COVID-19:
We know there are many of our patients who have questions about testing for COVID-19. Here is where SFHC is with testing:
- Like most places around the country, SFHC has very limited supplies to test for COVID-19. We are working hard to expand that capability, but this is a very fluid and unpredictable situation.
- Our ability to test any given person is significantly limited by guidelines from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE). We cannot test everyone. Employer instructions to get tested at your doctor’s office is not a sufficient reason to get a test.
- If you feel like you have COVID-19 and might need testing, please call SFHC to discuss your symptoms and other factors that might make testing warranted.
Our advice to you:
It can be a little overwhelming to know what you can do to help avoid COVID-19. Here is our advice:
- Stay home whenever possible.
- Keep 6 feet of distance between yourself and others when you do need to go out.
- Regularly wash your hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Completely cover your cough with the inside of your elbow.
Here is our advice if you are ill:
- Stay home and away from others as much as possible.
- Here is what COVID-19 mostly looks like: fever with cough or difficulty breathing
- If you feel you have COVID-19 symptoms but are not seriously ill, isolate yourself from others for 7 days after symptoms start or 3 days after symptoms end, whichever is longer.
- Take acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- Stay hydrated.
- If you are concerned about your symptoms or that you have underlying risk for serious illness, please call us (785-825-7251). We want to help you.